Prev: [GZG] Re: A tale of two threads... Next: Re: FT Fleet formations was Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

Re: FT Fleet formations was Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:28:32 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Fleet formations was Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

> The gist that I get from this is that symmetrical, circular formations
are
> easy to implement in FT, but they are similarily easy in 2D AV:T.

Any formation is eay, if you want to maintain line of bearing. Give the
same
orders, and that destroyer which was 2mu east of the BB will still be
2mu
east of it. If you want to maintain relative position, though, that's
quite
difficult. In that case, something like a diamond / box pattern is the
easiest--you're not actually maintaining the same position, and you may
switch who's in front, but you're still in a compact group.

Prev: [GZG] Re: A tale of two threads... Next: Re: FT Fleet formations was Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems