Prev: Re: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts1&2) Next: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

[GZG] FT 2.75 perhaps?

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:06:58 +0000
Subject: [GZG] FT 2.75 perhaps?

On a quick aside, Dean Gundberg wrote:
>> Actually the link to their Beta Test stats was posted to this mailing
list
>> on October 11th 2005 with the comment that the Hyperspace Distortion
Cannon
>> (HDC) needs work.

There was a battle in our campaign on sunday with HDCs present... alas
my camera decided to screw up so there's no photos. Basically the
attaker was using 4mass swarm ships... the defender had HDCs, I bet you
can guess how that ended up... I think he killed 15 in one shot.

About this published rules discussion... it can go back and forth. I
personally like published official material, even if it is in a beta
state... that way we can all play along with the same set of possibly
broken rules for a while, moan about them, and let someone fix them.
PDFs we can follow and change, being able to compare from revision to
revision. Of course, by official I mean that it is 'the way' to play the
game, used at conventions and the like.

When I first read the FT rules and thought nothing of them, it was the
vector movement and ship design system in FB1 that caught my attention.
I see FT as the GURPS of space combat games, so I'm not too fussed about
official SSDs or fleet books or background (though they are nice, and
obviously there needs to be example fleets), but it's the generic base
rules I'd like to see put out in a compiled and coherent form.
Essentially, that's what I've done for my campaign players... it took me
a while to get everything together, but I think that's what is needed;
Full Thrust edition 2.75 if you will, half way towards 3rd ed.

As for models selling rules or rules selling models. The
non-huge-corporate FT means publishing new rules won't render the old
models useless (as some companies like to do). Making models without
rules, well as I've said, I see the generic part of FT as its
strength... so my group uses a range of models from different companies,
using mostly our own ship designs (though this is a biased remark since
we are playing in a campaign setting).

That reply got longer than I expected... still, I'll write up a report
sometime this year for a battle I did get photos of, will post a link
when it's done.

Simon

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk