Prev: [GZG] Posting again... [OFFICIAL] New V15 Platoon Boxes and Battle Force packs!! Next: RE: [GZG] RE: Re: Re: FMA at EEC [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:01:58 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

G'day,

> most of the fast play games are dice rles agaisnt a simple to
calculate
> fixed value.

And again a personal preference here (and as I stressed before each to
his own), but I find those games much less than fun to play its why I
gave up playing most of them (including FOW).

As to game speed its not whether the rolls are opposed its how many
steps you include in the resolution of the action. I've played an swag
of games with opposed dice rolls that go along plenty fast. I've played
equally many games with fixed value dice rolls that are painfully slow
to resolve because they include so many steps. For instance there's
"Call to Arms". I've played it with my son Lachy and had fun, but it
niggles me that you have to do so many rolls to see what happens every
time you fire.

I'm not suggesting FT go over to opposed dice rolls, I like the way FT
plays, but I'm not personally in favour of dumping opposed dice rolls
from the ground-based games.

Cheers

Beth