Prev: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:42:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

On 2/28/07, john tailby <John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Much faster than endless strings of opposed
> rolls.

I don't disagree. On the other hand, there are a bunch of games out
there that do it this way. GZG has a reputation, on the ground games
at least, of using opposed dice rolls. That's the company's niche.
It's pretty much a given that any FMA system game will have opposed
dice rolls. That's a constraint of the FMA system and a feature of the
FMA "brand". Unless there are very good reasons for it, I don't see
Jon abandoning that idea.

> keeping track of different damaged results against lots of different
units
> in any game is difficult and almost all games need markers of some
kind.
> They just look messy.

There was a long thread a couple of years ago about how to replace the
chits with markers that look visually appealing (sort of like what
_Fire and Fury_ does). I designed an SG2 record sheet with leadership
and confidence on them. There were a bunch of ideas for all the other
markers, replacing them with three dimensional indicators that look
attractive on the terrain.

You can do a subject search for "chit", or maybe a search of "chit
replacement" on the archive.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc