Prev: [SG] Uber Skinks was Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc... Next: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:45:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

problems with the opposed die rolls in SG.  As
a matter of fact they seem faster than the "I need 7 d6s" of the GW
world.

Roll to hit, roll for a wound, roll for armour.
Roll to hit, roll for damage, roll for armour.

3 rolls

Roll for success, simple division, roll for armour.

2 rolls and a simple division.

I know which I like better.  In theory (I'm not on the playtest list) DS
is
going to
a more SG-II feel.

I really do not understand the secrecy of the playtest list.   My
understanding is GZG
makes little off  the rules anyway.

Roger

On 2/28/07, john tailby <John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Counter draw and opposed dice rolls are slow play mechanisms compared
> rolling a number of dice in series you want to keep the action flowing
not
> have the players looking up charts and going for different sized dice.
>
> Much faster to say this unit is firing small arms at this unit and
pick up
> dice roll to hit, roll to damage and then roll to see if any of the
> targets
> defenses can stop the shots (defenses could be stealth technology,
cover,
> jammers, or status like dug in) Rolls could be made in a different
order
> so
> you roll to get past the defenses (a spotting roll) then roll to hit
and
> then damage/ penetration effect. If I firing is done unit against unit
> then
> I can roll my dice as one batch. Much faster than endless strings of
> opposed
> rolls.
>
> Some of the best visual representation markers are the blast markers
GW