Prev: RE: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 &2) Next: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

RE: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1&2)

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:49:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Re: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1&2)

On Mon, February 26, 2007 5:20 pm, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au said:
> G'day,
>
>> At least with regard to ground troops. Starships are a bit
> different...
>
> A wee bit, and its actually more difficult to capture the differences
> that level I guess. There are probably many reasons the SV aren't
played
> as often as other races, but watching the guys down here its at least
> partly because you need to think very differently with them.

Personally the SV are my favourite FT fleet. I think the biggest reason
why human is the most used in FT is that they've got the most varied
rules. In the end with SV you tend towards a single design as optimal.

Awhile ago I tried to add some more variety to the SV on the list and
had
a few ups and downs. The basic issue being the difficulty in balancing
the
systems since it essentially boils down to power allocation.

--
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't
remember

Prev: RE: FMA at EEC: was Re: [GZG] Re: GZG ECC X: Indy's AAR (parts 1 &2) Next: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc