Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC X Photos Next: Re: [GZG] BDS

[GZG] ecc quotes

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:30:13 -0500
Subject: [GZG] ecc quotes

are transcribed the Quotes from ECC X. They seemed
sparser this year. I think this was in part because people were so
engrossed
in their own games they really didn't travel much between tables to
overhear
random conversations, and in part because they didn't want to miss any
action at their own tables.

Enjoy!

Mk
-----
					      **Friday Evening**

Jerry Han: "F*%!&, that's really small." (referring to the just-put-up
tiny
quote board - half the size of those in years past)

John Lerchey: "Ken, you're in command, you have the biggest ship."
Ken Wang: <blink><blink> "Huh??"

Damo: (trying to advise his opponent to be less cautious) "They're not
real
people."

Stuart Murray: "I'm not a fast plotter!"

Aaron Newman: "What's the armor value of a tanker truck?"
[5 minutes later]
"Congratulations! You die!"

Jerry Han: "Roll 2d6. Let's see if we can cut down on the ties."
(three of four people proceed to roll '7')
Scott: "So we're up to 4d6 now?"

Carl Sheu: "Repair my shields" (playing Full Sail, an 18th century
sailing
game)

Jerry Han: "Hitting an island is a Bad Thing, as some players have
discovered..."
Jerry C: "But it was a SMALL island..."

Mike Hudak: "Hey, don't pick on the spatially-challenged."
John Lerchey: "We're all spatially-challenged today."

Mike Hudak: "Don't you go near that [quote] board, Indy!"

Indy: "Want me to roll damage?"
John Lerchey: "Nah. I can roll a 1 myself."

Mike Hudak: "I'd like to shoot him" (pointing to his own ship,
indicating
which was to fire next)
John Lerchey: "You're shooting your own ships again. I like you!"

Scott & Kevin: "The Gimp! The Gimp! The Gimp is on Fire!"

Vince (to Steve) : "Glorious leader, what are we doing? Weget to fire
first."
Steve Barosi: Oh, I'm sorry."
John Lerchey (playing the opposing side) : "So are we!"

John Lerchey: "Okay, who's got #3 out there?" (referring to a destroyer
he
was about to shoot)
Mike Hudak: "I do."
John L (rolls a '1' and a '3') : Good. You still do."

(during the 'after-hours' nuclear war game)
Adrian: "Shoot Jim. He's the Anti-Christ."
Tom McCarthy: "If they put that on the Quote Board, no one would even
have
to ask 'Which Jim?'."

					      **Saturday Morning**

Vince Johnson: I want an SDN with Thrust 8."
Jon Davis: "Now, don't be French."

Indy (whining) : "Nooooaamm! Benamin's messing with my head!"
Noam: "Oh, that's alright."

Jon Davis (to Benjamin, after he insulted a mini paint job) : "Benjamin,
do
you know what "defenstration" means?"

Plutonian player in Jon Davis' 'Battle for Pluto' scenario:
"Mommmmyyyyyy!!!!"

Doug: "I'm going first 'cause I'm obviously dead!"

Indy: "For elite units, they're not doing very good."
John Lerchey (GM) : "You have good quality units..."
Indy holds up his die, showing the '1'
John L: "...oh."

Kevin Chase: "That's not scouting. That's a bonzai charge with a gas
pedal!"

Grant Ladue: "That was very bad touching!"

Stuart to Jim B: "Except for you. You're just crap."

Kevin Chase (to Indy, who was sending in grav vehicles in a DS3 game) :
"We
OBEY the law of gravity in this town, mister!"

Damo: "That's not very nice."
Joel Frock: "It's funny, though."

John L: "Now I need to talk to him [about artillery drift]"
Dave Hornung: "These talks mean so much to me."

Vince: "What's the range?"
Grant: "It's under 24."
Vince: "What about 30?"
Grant: "Well...it's under 24."

					      **Saturday Afternoon**

Ken Wang (after a Jon Davis Noise-Burst(tm)) : "Alright, would somebody
please pass Jon his meds?"

Aaron N: "Planets aren't just for bombing."

Stuart Murray (during lunch) : "I like to give [the players] the
illusion of
comtrol."
Rick Rutherford: "Like any good, beneficent god."

Adrian: "What is that?!? Did that just appear??"
Chris D: "You couldn't see it from the plane."

Jerry H: "Go play with your pulse torps, man!"

Adrian: "I don't want to land on Tuffley's groin. That would be
impolite."
(referring to the photo of Jon Tuffley that appeared in the
Cheese/FMASheep
game)

Adrian: "That's what makes me happy - I got to sacrifice the hot chicks
Tuffley."

					      **Saturday Evening**

Aaron Newman (disgustedly) : "That *always* happens when I put together
Weapon of Mass Destruction in kit form."

Grant Ladue: "When is FT3 coming out. I started holding my breath...and
died two years ago."

Jerry Han (getting something not right while trying to take the group
photo)
: "Okay everyone, say...whoops."
Everyone: "Whoops!"

Scott: "When it comes to the mini painting, I have delusions of
adequacy."

Mike Hudak (fires 2 pulse torps for 12 pts damage) : "That ain't Indy
shootin' p-torps!"

Grant Ladue: "I think I might accidently be shooting at you."
John Lerchey: "'Accidently'?!"

Jerry Han (missing with a handful of beam dice) : "That counts as NOT
shooting at'cha!"

John Lerchey to Ken Wang: "You take 1 point, unless you have shields, in
which case you take... 1 point."

Ken Wang: "I'm not touching you."  (as John L and Grant L exchange long
range misses - next salvo, John L finally touched
Grant...inappropirately)

Joel Frock (after a glorious standing of an orc unit) : "He should get
the
'Orctoria Cross'!"

(Joel's single orc takes out 3 elite elves in 1-on-5 combat, and then is
killed)
Adrian: "I guess he just won the Orctoria Cross."

Ken W: "Do you have shields?"
Mike H: "Yeah."
Ken: "It won't matter" (rolls a pile of nothing)
Grant: "It didn't matter with those bad dice!"

John L: "Did anything die?"
Indy: "Yeah. Me. Lots."
John L: "Did anything *unusual* happen?"
Indy: "No."

Adrian: "I could put Tuffley in my lap and get going."
TomB: "Adrian, that could probably be taken several ways."
Adrian: "It's not like I said put him face down."

					      **Sunday Morning**

Waitress at Neptune Diner (referring to the ice sheet streets with
potholes
and tire ruts) : "The mayor said he took full responsibility [for the
conditions of the streets]. Do you think he'll pay for my front-end
alignment repair bill?"
Jon Davis: "Heh. And I don't remember seeing any Amish snowplows out
clearing the streets, either."

Mark Kinsey to GM of the game he was in: "Shnookums, can I get a ruling
over
here?"

Stuart: "I'm going to start with my..."
Kevin: "Shoot what you think you're going to lose."
Stuart: "I'm going to lose everything."

Jerry Han (to Greg, as his ship takes its last damage point) : "Roll a
die."
Greg Davis: "What do I want?"
Jerry: "There is no good outcome."

Tom McCarthy: "The little panzer is going to move up. There's not enough
going on."
John Lerchey: "He's bored?"

Mike Hudak: "What's the difference in the tanks?"
Indy: "The TIger has an 88. The Panzer IV has a 75 millimeter."
Tom McCarthy: "And yet [showing the relative size against his chest] a
75 is
a significantly-sized hole, when properly placed."

(As Tom McCarthy's Tiger tank fires at a power armor trooper peeking
around
a wall, hitting him and knocking him on his ass)
John Lerchey: "You bounced an 88 round off his forehead!"

Vince (after doing 14 pts damage with 2 beam dice) : "Looks like I don't
need help after all."

Steve Barosi: "My  guy's getting a little loopy now. He's starting to
roll
down the gravel." (referring to the 88 shell bouncing off his power
armor
figure's forehead)

(near the end of the game)
Indy: "Alright, Martin. You must save the day."
Martin Connell: "Oh. Well. Crap."

Scott & Jerry: "The dinghy, the dinghy, the dinghy's on fire"

Martin: "You know, you do all this planning then forget why you did it."

Jerry: "Still OK. Still burning."

Steve Barosi to Martin Connell: "Well, you can move up to close range
but
you have to take some of this fire off of me. But I can't communicate
with
you anyway."
John Lerchey: "And yet you just have..."

TomB: "I think I made it through an ECC without making the Quote Board."
Adrian: "You're not funny."

Ken Wang: "$200 plane ticket, $150 hotel, $75 rental car, $100 minis and
gaming gear, 3 glorious days of gaming at GZG-ECC X - PRICELESS"

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC X Photos Next: Re: [GZG] BDS