Prev: Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert Next: Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert

Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:40:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert

The tolls for the Northwest Pennsylvania Turnpike spur have been
waived for today in order to help with the congestion north of
Lancaster.

I-78 west of Allentown and east of Harrisburg is still closed.

The official press release:

***UPDATE***

PENNDOT CLOSES FOUR INTERSTATES
FOR SNOW REMOVAL; I-80 WESTBOUND NOW CLOSED
Travelers Must Avoid These Interstates

HARRISBURG – PennDOT announced that the following interstates are now
closed. PennDOT officials updated closures by adding Interstate 80
westbound:
• I-81 – both directions between Exit 85 (Rt. 934/Fort Indiantown
Gap)
and Exit 165 (Rt. 309/Wilkes-Barre);
• I-80 – eastbound between the Exit 241 (Rt. 11/Lime Ridge) and the
Interstate 81 junction; and
• I-78 – both directions between Exit 8 (Rt. 22/Fredericksburg) and
Exit
49 (Rt. 100/Fogelsville). There are still are still some stranded
vehicles the must be cleared to compete snow removal.
• I-80 – westbound between Exit 304 (Rt. 209 to PA 33/Snydersville)
and
I-81 (Exit 260).

“Keeping all motorists off these stretches of highway will better help

us clear the roads, protect the public and get back to normal,” said
Department of Transportation Secretary Allen D. Biehler, P.E. “It’s
important that everyone use alternate routes to get where they need to
go.
“We are closing these interstates to finish removing disabled trucks
and
other vehicles so that we have a clear shot at restoring free travel.”

###

Prev: Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert Next: Re: [GZG] [ECC] Weather Alert