Prev: Re: [GZG] ping Next: RE: Re: Re: [GZG] ping

Re: Re: Re: [GZG] ping

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:09:09 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] ping

>> Good. We're happy to expend a drone just to find out the existence of
the mines; getting to kill an expensive missile in the process is gravy.

>The remote sensor drone is essentially the equivalent of a 19th
>century cavalry scout.

A little more, in this scenario. We've found out:

a. defenses are there
b. defenses don't stop to identify before they shoot
c. by implication, something worth defending is there
d. defenses fire on low-mass, low-threat targets, implying an inability
to discriminate
e. type of weapon for some of the defenses, including thrust,  warhead
yield, possibly targeting ability

All of this adds up to two things:
a. we can sweep at least some of his mines by using balloons with sensor
emitters;
b. then we can sell him better equipment

Prev: Re: [GZG] ping Next: RE: Re: Re: [GZG] ping