Prev: RE: [GZG] [GZG Fiction] Basic Street Fighting Manual Next: [GZG] Hammerhead SHow Kelham UK Feb 11th

Re: [GZG] ECM Weapons on Fighters

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:07:52 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] ECM Weapons on Fighters

Jerry wrote:

> I like the idea, but think that they should cost at least +3 per
fighter.

I've collected a few of the various costs of fighters here,
http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk/systems.html#fighters

as well as missiles,
http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk/systems.html#weapons-ord (under section
2.5)

EMP is a difficult weapon to cost on fighters, they could be very
effective. The description for EMP Heavy Missiles seems overly
complicated, but the more exotic weapons systems are being bolted on to
the current rules. I agree they should cost at least 6pt per fighter...
though I have very little raional for why.

Or, do something like they must power down all their own systems then
trigger the EMP. Thus they lose their primary move next turn, or get
DRMs for the next turn - effectively they sit still while they power up
again. (the power down protects their own systems from the effects).
This would make EMP fighters behave differently - perhaps have them
affect other fighters nearby as well, more of an area effect pulse than
the EMP Beams. Then it might be one use as well (this is how torpedo
fighters act in MT I believe, but for our rules I removd that condition)

With Combat Endurance Factors (CEFs), perhaps once an EMP fighter fires
it loses all its remaining CEF - that would be the easiest way to
represent the above ideas.

Simon

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: RE: [GZG] [GZG Fiction] Basic Street Fighting Manual Next: [GZG] Hammerhead SHow Kelham UK Feb 11th