Prev: [GZG] GZG.com redesigned! Next: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

From: <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 8:36:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

> Richard Bell <rlbell.nsuid@gmail.com> wrote:
> As cruisers once were vessels capable of independent action, in an age
of powerful air and submarine threat, the Kirov CGN's may be the
last/only cruisers. <

Amusing (?) historical note: when the Kirov was first seen (or its
existence revealed publicly, anyway), it was referred to as a BC and
there was much speculation as to the effectivemess of such a ship in
modern naval combat. Now, I gather, it's been downgraded to a "mere"
CGN....

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox, sometimes...
...and she chatters to me: Phil Atcliffe (atcliffe[at]ntlworld[dot]com)

Prev: [GZG] GZG.com redesigned! Next: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers