Prev: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell Next: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:36:10 +1300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ariander" <oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se>
> The official Full Thrust rules themselves aren't consistent in this
> respect: Fleet Book 1 specifies that screens do *not* apply to
rerolls,
> but in various Q&As GZG has stated that the +1 DRM for Interceptors
and
> Attack Fighters *do* apply to rerolls. The UFR makes these
inconsistencies
> obvious by collecting all the beam-die rules and official
clarifications
> in once place, but it didn't introduce them :-/
It would be good to standardise on an approach so that either DRM do
apply
to rerolls or they don't.

> >>NO missile, fighter group, plasma bolt or whatever moves
> >>during the attack declaration or attack resolution phases.
> >>They are all left right where they ended their primary move,
> >>launch or secondary move (whichever came last), just like in
> >>the Fleet Book 2 rules.
> >
> >I know the missile does not move in the attack declaration phase.
>
> Your objection (quoted above) was that the AMT couldn't declare
attacks
> against all targets within 3mu because it "can't physically move into
> contact with all ships within 3mu". What I am saying is that this
> objection is invalid, because AMTs *never* physically move into
contact
> with *any* targets. They're area-effect weapons, just like Plasma
Bolts
> are.
>
> >But the missile has to attack the nearest ship within range. So
> >that should be the ship it attacks.
>
> No, the AMT doesn't "have to attack the nearest ship within range".
>
> It uses its secondary move to *move* towards the nearest "target"
(which
> is supposed to mean "enemy ship or orbital base"). Once it has made
that
> move, it *attacks* EVERYTHING within 3 mu.

I agree with your expanded explanation but it isn't what the rules talk
about. Also the missile doesn't attack as such. It just catches ships in

it's blast radius.

> The game effect of an AMT declaring attacks against all ships
(friendly as
> well as enemy) within 3mu, is that all those ships become able to use
> their PD weapons against the AMT without having to use an ADFC or FCS
> guide the point defences.
Why is that? Why would a missile has an AMT warhead it is easier to hit
than
a missile that has a conventional warhead? (which is the effect of ships

within the blast radius being able to use their weapons to attack AMT
missiles that have moved into contact with an adjacent vessel.

> Interceptor Pods) regardless of whether or not that fighter group
(etc.)
> is attacking anything. Note that the normal restrictions on (A) arc
fire
> apply whenever you use an FCS to target anything.
What are the "normal restrictions" on fire arc when firing a PDS weapon
with
a fire control at enemy ordnance? PDS doesn't have a fire arc
restriction
into the baffles unless its the FC that imposes the restriction? If so
can
ships now not fire into their own rear arc with PDS?
What happens if a scatter gun fires at a squadron of heavy fighters with

this reduction in hitting power? As things stood heavy fighter took D3
hits
instead of D6. Does shooting at heavy fighters take the scatter pack
down to
a beam dice of damage?

It would be good to see an updated version of the UFR with the wording
cleaned up. I could then take it back to my group for some play testing.

Prev: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell Next: Re: [GZG] On Leave In Hell