Prev: Re: [GZG] Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences? Next: Re: [GZG] Tech tree for campaign play [long] [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Supply mechanisms for campaigns

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:29:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Supply mechanisms for campaigns

john tailby wrote:

>>What sort of resupply and replenishment mechanisms do people use in
their
>>campaigns?

>>>From the comments about the Fleet Book ships it sounds as if ships
with
>>>missiles and fighters need to return to a base to replenish.

>>Our campaign uses a supply rule that means that if a ship can trace
line of
>>supply back to a base or its homeworld it can be replenished in place.
We
>>also let ships that take less than half hull boxes in damage to be
repaired
>>automatically.
>>We don't use fleets of transports or a lot of enconomy mamagement
because we
>>wanted to have the campaign be about spaceship battles rather than
space
>>economics.

>>What do other people do.

Now that's a question. My group rather enjoy empire building (and the
implied need to maintain it), we say you have to make replacements and
transport them out to restock the ships. That does make ordnance heavy
fleets suffer more than beam based.

For damage, we again require you to be fixed by a designated
Builder/Repairer, however they can be mobile and accompany your fleets.

I'm just putting the finishing touches to most of my site at the moment
(well I have been for the last month), though here's the current state:

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk/FTCamp0.2.html

It's really about preference, I'll be the first to admit our system is
quite complex, some people like that and others don't.

Simon

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk