Prev: Re: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E? Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems

Re: Base Sizes (was Re: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics

From: Jerry Acord <acord@i...>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 13:13:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Base Sizes (was Re: Re: [GZG] New game mechanics

Allan Goodall wrote:

> I haven't purchased any (yet!) but Litkco Aerosystems is highly
> regarded on The Miniatures Page for their bases. They sell laser cut
> wooden bases, metal bases, and magnetic bases. Their stuff is
> reasonably priced. They make pretty much any size you can think of.

I use Litko bases for my 20mm WW2 Crossfire games.  My 20mm infantry are

individually based on 3/4 inch metal washers; for Crossfire games I put
them on 1.5 inch square bases made from 3mm plywood plus magnetic
sheeting (which has a sticky side to it).  It's all pre-cut to size so
assembly is a snap.  Instant magnetic movement trays.  And as you say,
Litko has a zillion different sizes (and base materials / thicknesses),
plus they will cut to order.  (They also make "Flames of War" style
bases.)

Cheers
--Jerry Acord

Prev: Re: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E? Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems