Prev: Re: [GZG] DS2 TO&E and "reflex gun" Next: RE: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E?

Re: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E?

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:16:11 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E?

On 11/5/06, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Depends on what your personal preference is. . . I mean, if you bought
> 30 tanks, then you need an armored battalion OB.

I have at least that many, but I was thinking more in terms of a
mechanized infantry organization.

> Usually a DS2 game runs from a reinforced company to a short
battalion.

Cool! Thank you.

> 2-3 platoons of mech infantry, 2-3 platoons of armor, 2-3 specialty
> platoons or sections depending on points available and percieved
> threat.

Thank you, that's cool!

> Light infantry is generally useful in DSII only if you are fighting on
> the defense in bad terrain--for enough maneuver to be worth bothering
> with, you have to at least motorize it.

Yeah, I wasn't really going to go for light infantry. I may have given
that impression with my SG3 comment, but my intention is simply to use
the same stands in DS2 and DS3 for SG3 or regular SG2 using my board
game rules.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] DS2 TO&E and "reflex gun" Next: RE: [GZG] DS2/DS3 TO&E?