Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems

Re: [GZG] mini-survey

From: "chris.peachey" <vladvondrak@y...>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 09:32:05 -0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] mini-survey

welll , if you are really asking sg is a ggreat game , the machanic work

well
the only thing to include in the new book is a\rmy lists , some sort of
opsional points system, and clear out the querks and gaffs so it is in
plain
english oh and keep each relevent ssequence together  so we dont have to

keep skipping halfway through the rules to find out what happens if i
pass/fail this test.

>>1) Do you (or have you in recent years) play SG2?
>
> a) Yes, with 25/28mm minis
>

>>2) Would the development of a game like we've been discussing
>>(let's call it SG3) fit what you would want from a hard SF ground
>>combat game?
>
> b) Yes, but I'd still play it in 25/28mm
>
> Would we play it in micro scale?  Maybe.  We already play Striker in
> micro scale, and will probably give Dirtside II a thorough shakedown
> next year.
>
>>3) Would the development of SG3 in this direction tempt you into
>>buying/collecting 15mm forces?
>
> c) No, I've got enough lead/scale/projects already!
>
> I personally don't like the 15mm scale.  It's too small to enjoy the
> detail or the process of painting, but too big for the eye to gloss
> over quick paint jobs.  Also, 15mm figures seem always too thick for
> their height.  25mm figures are more natural; so are HO scale plastic
> figures (of which I also have far too many).
>
> The flip side of that comment is that I'm committed to 25mm and micro
> scales, and don't have place or interest in starting a new scale.
>
> --Glenn

11/4/2006
> 5:30 PM

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] SSD bits Next: Re: [GZG] Point Systems