Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [GZG] 2mm Infantry pics

[GZG] Platoon Level Survey

From: "Christopher TenWolde" <christopher@t...>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:22:00 +0200
Subject: [GZG] Platoon Level Survey

Helsinki!

I just joined this list, and it seems the timing was great.  The SG2
poll on
TMP and its mention of a platoon level variant brought me over.  I've
been
playing SG2 for several years, and started with the (then new) 15mm
figures.
I have reinforced platoons or "near companies" from many of the
different
lines, organized into two factions (Star Wars: New Republic and Old
Empire)
and an independant group (Merc's, Droids, etc.), including the FSE,
OUDF,
IF, UNSC, NI, and NSL troopers and various PA and even 6mm "walkers".

For a figure-junky who wants to play larger actions, a platoon level
game
with fire-team bases would be *ideal* and would solve many problems I've
been running into.  I had already started to experiment with a
"Crossfire"
variant, using teams of 3 rifles or 2-man SAW bases, but a SG variant
would
fit the bill far better (and I already have all these nifty sets of
color-matching dice anyway).

I'll be running some playtests using the ideas already presented here,
and I
hope to see more discussion.

Answers to the poll below.  One important thing to note is that I think
this
level of game would not only increase figure scales, but would greatly
increase vehicle sales, as the level is more appropriate for including
them.

Cheers,

Christopher

1) Do you (or have you in recent years) play SG2?
b) Yes, with 15mm minis but using standard SG2 - ie: single-based
figures

2) Would the development of a game like we've been discussing (let's
call it SG3) fit what you would want from a hard SF ground combat
game?
a) Yes, and I'd play it in 15mm

3) Would the development of SG3 in this direction tempt you into
buying/collecting 15mm forces?
a) Yes, I'd buy a new 15mm army!
b) I already have a 15mm force waiting for a game system...
--> The real answer is *both* a and b: I already have extensive forces,
but
rules like these would make expanding them a real priority - where right
now
they are in a little bit of limbo.  It would also increase my vehicle
purchases.

11/3/2006
4:30 PM

Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [GZG] 2mm Infantry pics