Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: [GZG] Re: mini survey

From: David Stokes <dstokes@d...>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 00:10:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: mini survey

>>1) Do you (or have you in recent years) play SG2?
>>a) Yes, with 25/28mm minis
>>b) Yes, with 15mm minis but using standard SG2 - ie: single-based
figures
>>c) Yes, with 15mm minis but modified for group-based figures
>>d) No, interested but have no opponents/time/money etc...
>>e) No, not interested

b.
I've tried out a couple of Stargrunt games with 15mm figs and single
basing. It didn't quite grab me.

>>2) Would the development of a game like we've been discussing (let's
>>call it SG3) fit what you would want from a hard SF ground combat
>>game?
>>a) Yes, and I'd play it in 15mm
>>b) Yes, but I'd still play it in 25/28mm (or 6mm, or anything else!)
>>c) No, this level of game doesn't interest me

a.
I'd certainly give it a try. I would be more interested in the type of
group based rules you're talking about here.

>>3) Would the development of SG3 in this direction tempt you into
>>buying/collecting 15mm forces?
>>a) Yes, I'd buy a new 15mm army!
>>b) I already have a 15mm force waiting for a game system...
>>c) No, I've got enough lead/scale/projects already!

b. & a. (and a bit of c. too)
I've got some old Striker figures I would like to re-use supplemented
with some new stuff. If I liked the rules it would probably tempt me
into buying at least a few vehicles.

Actually, I really liked Striker, and played quite a few games back in
the day. The Command Control system was excellent, although the record
keeping and design sequence was a pain. Something that captured that
feel without as much work would be great.

Too bad this didn't come up while I lived in NC, Bob. Its a little far
to come for a game now.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Point Systems Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)