Prev: [GZG] Re: mini survey Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:44:25 +0100
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Ground Zero Games wrote:
> OK, let's get some opinions from the good people out there in
> gzg-list-land....
>
> This is completely hypothetical at this stage, but what would folks'
> reactions be to the following ideas, at some point in the future when
> I actually have time to write some new rules (ha!):
>
> 1) A squad to platoon level game with individual figures, more like
> FMAS than SGII, for 25/28mm figs, typical force size 1 to 3 squads
> per side, plus maybe a vehicle or two.
>
> PLUS....
>
> 2) Another system (let's call it SG3 for the sake of argument), aimed
> at Company-level games with 15mm figs (useable with 25mm, but with
> 15mm as the "recommended" scale), with group-based figures (3-4 to a
> stand) and platoon-level activation for both infantry and vehicles.
>
> Discuss......  ;-)

Here at Murphy's Heroes we have playing FoW and "I ain't been show
mum" recently, so a group based system with SF flavour would probably
be welcome.

However, just a wild question: do you need two systems for platoon level
and company level games? Wouldn't it be enough to have an activation
system which scales from individual figures to groups or squads?

Frits
--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits@cistron.nl
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: [GZG] Re: mini survey Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)