Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: [GZG] re: SG Game suggestion

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:01:14 -0600
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

On 11/2/06, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> 1) Do you (or have you in recent years) play SG2?
> a) Yes, with 25/28mm minis
> b) Yes, with 15mm minis but using standard SG2 - ie: single-based
figures
> c) Yes, with 15mm minis but modified for group-based figures

All three of these.

At conventions I've run SG2 in 25mm and in 15mm based as single
figures. Recently I've been playing 15mm modified for group bases
(i.e. my board game rules) but the modifications are not anywhere near
Stuart's. Stuart's rules look like they really _are_ the SG3 you
propose. Mine just take SG2 and figure out a way to handle the
individual figures in the context of a base.

> 2) Would the development of a game like we've been discussing (let's
call it
> SG3) fit what you would want from a hard SF ground combat game?
> a) Yes, and I'd play it in 15mm
> b) Yes, but I'd still play it in 25/28mm (or 6mm, or anything else!)

Both a and b.

I'd play it in 15mm when I had the space (i.e. at a convention). I'm a
bit hard up for space in the apartment, so I'd probably play the game
in 10mm (using Battletech figures) and/or 6mm with a modified ground
scale (say, centimetres instead of inches).

> 3) Would the development of SG3 in this direction tempt you into
> buying/collecting 15mm forces?
> a) Yes, I'd buy a new 15mm army!
> b) I already have a 15mm force waiting for a game system...

Actually, some of a, b, and d. Option d) I would buy more 6mm figures
to play this game at a smaller scale.

I already have a lot of 15mm figures, mostly GZG but some Striker
figures (actually, mostly Striker, but I mainly play with GZG figures,
as they have more poses). Such a rule set would tempt me to field
another couple of armies, and buy more vehicles.

On the other hand, this product would be an excellent gateway game to
DS2, as you could use the same figures. As such, I'd probably end up
buying more DS2 figures, particularly infantry.

Allan
--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: [GZG] re: SG Game suggestion