Prev: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:26:48 -0600
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

On 11/2/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for playtesting the Phalons - sounds interesting. I
> just grabbed the latest beta rules from
> Allan's site, will print them up at work and see when
> we can fit a game in!

Wonderful!

I look forward to an after action report. It's probably not that
necessary to record every dice roll.

However, if you have the chance (i.e. you have someone available, or
you have the time while waiting for someone else to act), please
record the dice used when firing Phalon weapons, and the settings used
for the pulsers. The ability of the Phalons to choose their pulser
settings, and thus the FP and Impact, gets the most raised eyebrows.
If you feel this option is "overpowering" then I'd like to know the
dice rolls, just to see if it was luck or something _really_
overpowering.

(On the other hand, it's easier to handle an "overpowering" group in
SG2, as there is no point system.)

I won't give you any hints on how to play, and play against, the
Phalons. I'll let you discover them for yourself.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)