Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

[GZG] RE: Blue Sky Thinking [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:59:16 +1100
Subject: [GZG] RE: Blue Sky Thinking [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

2)  SG does need to scale up a little more.  Doesn't necessarily need
multi-figure basing (although that makes it easier to handle), but
having it
set up as fireteams while activating a squad/platoon.
(One issue that needs to be thought through is the "splitting weapons
fire
against the *same* target" for suppressions.  It always seemed to me
that
doubling the suppressions by splitting fire wasn't really in the spirit
of
the suppression rules).

With a complete rework across the rule sets, you should be able to
vertically integrate a campaign/battle.

DSIII Close Assault => SGIII normal battle.
SGIII Close Assault => FMAS battle.

That sort of vertical integration would be a first as far as I'm aware
and
would certainly appeal to several styles of play (the strategist
controls
the DS level play, he commits his commanders to the fray and sits back
providing fire support before continuing after the lower level
resolution).

With a points system at the DSIII level (with a quick comparison of
NPV/CPV
vs DS points for grand strategic campaign play), you don't need points
at
the lower levels, as it becomes too fiddly to balance infantry/vehicles
at
the smaller scales.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

 On Behalf Of Ground Zero Games
> Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:15 PM
> Subject: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)
>
> 2) Another system (let's call it SG3 for the sake of
> argument), aimed at Company-level games with 15mm figs
> (useable with 25mm, but with 15mm as the "recommended"
> scale), with group-based figures (3-4 to a
> stand) and platoon-level activation for both infantry and vehicles.

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: RE: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)