Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:37:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

PLUS....

2) Another system (let's call it SG3 for the sake of argument), aimed
at Company-level games with 15mm figs (useable with 25mm, but with
15mm as the "recommended" scale), with group-based figures (3-4 to a
stand) and platoon-level activation for both infantry and vehicles.

I rather like this idea of 3 or 4 figs per stand for two reasons, one
easier
to move on the table and two you can mix types/manufactures. When
you mix on the same stand your eyes will lie to you and with the right
paint job it all looks like it belongs, where individually mounted mixed
types tend to stand out....) Great way of stretching your collection and
giving you modifications you can't otherwise field (my take anyway). I'd
go with 3 man standard	stand and 2 man command/RTO,two man
heavy weapon/assistant, sniper/spotter and sapper/assistant etc. The
standard  stand can be all riflemen or 2 riflemen and 1 saw gunner etc.
The size of the stand shouldn't matter as long as all measurements are
taken from the center front of the stand, just as long as it's
consistent
and the figs are within (about) an inch of each other.

Medics, Commanders, Platoon SGTs, ECW, Drone Operators, and
Power Armored troopers should (IMHO) remain individually mounted
for maximum flexibility.

Don