Prev: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted Next: Re: [GZG] RE: [FT] Unified Fighter Rules? [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] re: Wanted

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:40:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted

>> There are two great games out there for playing company-level games:
>> Dirtside and Striker.  They've already implemented the changes you
>> describe.

I've noticed, and fairly often heard comments from others that agree,
that
SG2 as written is at an odd level. A single platoon is too small for a
good
game--not enoughh maneuver units--but a company is too big to handle.
You're
left with games that are "two platoons vs a heavily-reinforced platoon"
or
some such. I think Stuart's suggestion gets SG out of the "halfway
between
the two logical command levels" quandry. As such, this is not about
"what's
the best company level game", it's about "tweaks to StarGrunt".

Prev: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted Next: Re: [GZG] RE: [FT] Unified Fighter Rules? [sec=UNCLASSIFIED]