Prev: RE: [GZG]Re:FullThrustPlaytest?Plasmabolts [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White)

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:12:35 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

> Yeah, that's about what I had in mind. You can squeeze in a couple
more
> missiles, I expect, if you have Mass 104 or something similar.
>
>> People have humorous arguments with this kind of ship, about whether
it
>> should get a mass reduction and therefore an increase in drive speed
when
>> it launches its missiles.
>
> That would be plausible, but most ships don't launch enough missiles
for
> it to make a difference. This one would drop mass by 32, to 68. You'd
get
> Thrust 4.
Are not heavy missiles mass 2 each so 30 odd missiles would reduce the
mass
by 60 so it's actually significant especially when a barge like that
would
be doing nothing than escape.

I don't know about unified fighter proposal but we do allow ship weapons
shoot at missiles or fighters with a -2 DRM as long as they are not
doing an
attack run. (so beams hit on a 6) the limit is usually fire controls
because
each missile is its own target and if you are trying to shoot at
missiles.
This doesn't make a significant dent in a big missile swarm  and most of
the
NSL capitals can't manoeuvre worth a dam. The best defence out of a FB1
fleet would be to buy a high % of scouts and surround the capital ships
as
missile magnets hoping that they would suck some of the missiles. The
NSL
fleet would want to be moving at as fast a speed as possible so it's one

turn would put more than 6mu of change between it's actual position and
the
one it would have been if it didn't turn. But that would require
travelling
at speed 28.

Prev: RE: [GZG]Re:FullThrustPlaytest?Plasmabolts [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White)