Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:50:08 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

In a message dated 10/28/2006 7:48:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se writes:

>After all, they are not using breakers made in the 1920s to  operate a
>nuclear power reactor.. Makes them a powerful foe.

If  they are more powerful, they should cost more points to reflect that

power. As it is now, the SV ships cost *less* than other ships of the
same
TMF... as the saying goes, "quantity has a quality all of its own"  :-/

I would agree the NPV value are lower then they should actually be.
With
that thought in mind, I have already begun toying with the NPV values
and
see how they match up in single combat then small fleet combat and then
of
course
large fleet use

>Having run game, at conventions, including ECC GZG, SaVasku  have never

>been as powerful as you talk about them. I personally see  no need to
>hinder them.

Do you design your own SV ships along  the lines John described, or do
you
stick to the designs from  FB2?

I had built one or two, but decided to stick strictly with the book
version
for the
main reason of them being living entities. More brown and aging then
be9ng
"built" in the sense of what Kravak and humans do when they build new
ships or
custom classes.

Vince