Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] Belt Wars (Was: Seastrike scenarios to Full Thrust???). Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@f...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:53:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

I don't have the time to spend writing a lot of house-rules and
playtesting them, etc... So when I buy a set of rules (which I and my
gaming group did, when one had to buy FT). I want them to be complete,
ready and playable and near-balanced.  It's what I pay for when I buy
rules.

FT's rules aren't balanced.  They have some serious breakage in certain
areas that has caused my gaming group to eschew FT in favor of other
space-ship combat rules that I'll neglect to specifically name here.
Thats just the fact of things in my gaming group, I don't intend that to

be a "bash" on GZG.  It's a good company, and you won't hear me saying
otherwise.

FT-III, insofar as it's intended to fix breakages in the rules, would
give me something to look at and consider rules-wise.  It might get my
gaming group back into FT.  So there's one perspective on what the point

is for at least a few people in publishing new rules mechanisms.

I haven't stopped using GZG ships though, neither has the rest of my
group, and I'm still selling GZG ships at conventions.	That's the
beauty of GZG's products.  No lock-in to either the figures or the
rules.

--Flak

<<<SNIP>>>