Prev: RE: [GZG] [FT] Belt Wars (Was: Seastrike scenarios to Full Thrust???). Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

RE: [GZG] Re: Ful lThrust Playtest? (SimonWhite) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIE D]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:11:13 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] Re: Ful lThrust Playtest? (SimonWhite) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIE D]

Phew!  Took a bit of reading to get through all of that.

I liked the way fleets were organised to limit force sizes.

Possible suggestion for trade routes, taking into account your FTL
range.
Simply run a link between two systems that are less than the optimum FTL
jump range.  RPs move the full distance each turn (less the distance
penalty).  If any enemy ship stops on the trade route, that route is
interdicted and RPs are lost/fought over at the interdicted location by
convoy escorts.
This should cut down your paperwork a bit.

Ship fatigue: have you considered simply placing a break line at the
maximum
hull damage point?  When repairing systems, increase the repair cost by
fatigue/max hull%.  After a while the increased repair costs will start
accumulate more than the ship is worth.  Eg: 4/10 hull fatigue = +40%
cost
to repair any destroyed systems (round down).  So a PDS would cost
(3+40%= 4
pts) to repair and a hanger bay would cost (27+40%= 37 pts) to repair.
(For
ease, just add all the damage together and increase by 40% for in this
case,
gives a rounding advantage of a few points).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.