Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

Re: [GZG] Mercs and "Realism"

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:42:23 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mercs and "Realism"

On 19-Oct-06, at 5:58 AM, John Atkinson wrote:
> These units would consist of the desperate and the sociopathic only.
> Anyone who would kill their fellow human beings with only the
> motivation of financial reward falls into one of those categories.

Unfortunately, the human race is littered with examples of people
who will kill for just this reason - many will kill for much, much
less :(

> Having said that, these units are a stock piece in the military SF
> genre that DSII was intended to emulate and thus occupy a warm place
> in many of our hearts.  I happen to think Falkenberg's Legion is a
> more realistic model than Hammer's Slammers, but that doesn't stop me
> when I want to play a game with hover tanks blowing the hell out of
> everything in their way.

I too prefer Falkenberg's Legion. I felt so alone for so long, John!

> Stop worrying about "realism", and put together whatever organization
> is both effective and fun to use.

I agree wholeheartedly! Except for the effective part. Fun is way more
important :-)

> John

Tony C.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles