Prev: [GZG] [Brushwars] Local forces and support requests [sec=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: [GZG] Re: Mercs

[GZG] Re: Recruiting Mercs

From: "Michael R. Blair" <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:27:08 +0100 (BST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Recruiting Mercs

After any civil conflict you will have people who
suddenly find that they want to leave in a hurry so
ironically you might find yourself recruiting the
people you have just defeated.

If you want a real world example you have a lot of
Germans ending up in the French Foreign Legion in
Vietnam – very often with German W II gear as well –
MG42s for sure and stranger things as well, I think
possibly even 8.8cm FlaK guns (though I cannot really
imagine why – it is not a conflict I associate
aircraft or armour with on the Vietnamese side but
maybe I just do not know enough about it (which is
true in any case)). The British in India and the
Romans are alternative examples. I had best not
mention the Scots or Irish in the British army but I
think these are getting off the point as they were now
fighting for the rulers of their countries. I am not
trying to get political, just being a pedant.

Michael

It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this
has done what he has done.
  - Richelieu

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Prev: [GZG] [Brushwars] Local forces and support requests [sec=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: [GZG] Re: Mercs