Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: Re: [GZG] "Realistic" Mercenary TO&E

[GZG] "Realistic" Mercenary TO&E

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:48:24 -0700
Subject: [GZG] "Realistic" Mercenary TO&E

comments made in a reply to the new 15mm Vehicle announcement
have got me to thinking, "What is a -realistic- way to do sci-fi mercs"
The
usual tendency seems to be to try to recreate one of the great merc
units
from books and other games - Hammer's Slammers, Wolf's Dragoons, etc.
But
are these units representative of what we think merc units would be?  Is
there a way to build less amazing, but still effective mercenary units?
Is
so, what are people's thoughts on them?

Some ideas I have had are -

1) An all infantry force with no armor but a good number of man-portable
anti-tank weapons.

2) Conventional mobile infantry force with mid-tech resources.

3) Small, but elite and hi-tech unit of combat walkers.

These are just off the top of my head.

Thanks,

Eli

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: Re: [GZG] "Realistic" Mercenary TO&E