Prev: Re: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up! Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:53:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

gzg-l-bounces@lists.csua.berkeley.edu wrote on 10/17/2006 05:12:09 PM:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Doug Evans wrote:
>
> > Has everyone had a chance to check out the rulebook coming with the
new
> > game pieces? I'm not sure whether they very recently put it up, or I
was
> > just having trouble with their 'busy' site.
> >
> > http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/SBrulebook
>
> *bleck*  I read it.  What a limited rule set.  No gravity wells,
planets,
> moving boards, asteroids even.  Full thrust rules!

Preaching to the choir, though, I assume there will be expansions, and
uber/rare/unique ships.

> > Still, I have to think I'll probably be more thrilled with the
> > ships to add to my micromachine SW's for use with FT and other
systems,
but
> > we'll see.
>
> You did see the *collectable* part right?  *sigh*  I hate games that
limit
> your ability to play based on your wallet.  I'd love a Mon Cal fleet
that
> I don't have to paint but not at "uncommon" prices.

Heck, just don't play with the most expensive/rare, and shouldn't be TOO
much a problem. Anybody that brings these to a game, you just find
yourself
busy. As it is, I'm going to play and support at the store. I'm just
hopeing to bring in even more fun play using straight tabletop. ;->=

What the heck; if the game tanks, then the stuff will be cheap to pick
up,
just the way MM's are much of the time. I'm about ready to run OGRE
games
using old Mechwarrior clix stuff that has lost most of it's original
value.

> And Jon?  Yet another "thank you!" for a game that doesn't require
only
> your minis, painted in approved army colors.	I love your minis but
> can't paint myself into a corner.  Hence the prepainted plastic.

Not to worry, Jon; even those of us who are all thumbs can get
spaceships
painted acceptably. Especially when we have friends getting married and
reducing game collections. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: OFFER! Re: [GZG] New 15mm Vehicle Images up! Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles