Prev: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 02:08:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Final Summary [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

At 10:51 PM -0700 10/9/06, Michael Llaneza wrote:
>John Atkinson wrote:
>
>>OK, if you put metal plates in the middle of a hardball road, it
>>doesn't look like mines to me.  It looks like metal plates in the
>>middle of a hardball road.  I'm a Combat Engineer with almost 2 years
>>in combat, not a Russian conscript private driving a tank I can't see
>>out of.
>>

>I think the problem here was the player being
>too specific about what his troops were doing.
>Instead of ordering a fake minefield and letting
>the sergeants (in the form of the inimitable Mr.
>Robertson) handle it, Laserlight got specific.

Even so, John's got LOTS of experience dealing
with nuisance/fake mine fields. And if it's not
covered with medium and heavy weapons fire it's
pointless.

He's been de-IED'ing parts of Iraq for a while
now and he's on his second tour. Wanna make him
sweat? Put a fake mine field right in front of a
hidden real one mixed with chemical mines, Off
route mines and sentry guns covering the
approaches. Then put artillery on the board with
priority orders to hit that TRP on orders from
observers who are also spotting and controlling
remote fired long range top attack missiles.
That'll get his attention and make him break a
sweat while he clears the mine fields while under
fire, concealed by his own smoke screens and
brews coffee at the same time... ;-)
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)