Prev: Re: [GZG] [brushfire] Day 2.5 - day cycle [long] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: RE: [GZG] [brushfire]day2.5-daycycle-part2 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

[GZG] [brushfire]day2.5-daycycle-part2 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:07:23 +1000
Subject: [GZG] [brushfire]day2.5-daycycle-part2 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

So much for short and simple campaign.

***
	Col Atkinson let his reserve through the streets to try and
flank
the firefight raging around his tanks.	A scratch unit of his own IFV,
two
mobile Dragoon IFVs and a recently repaired light AFV.	With a quick
reorganisation of his infantry and he had almost a full platoon.
	"Lt Rider; SITREP."
	A very frazzled sergeant responded instead "Lt Rider is down
sir,
Sgt Elvar here.  We've got smoke everywhere, but it appears that enemy
infantry are decamping to the west.  We're busy with the PA forces..."
<sounds of secondary explosions and burning plasma> "...but they're
having
trouble getting through the armour.  APFC exhausted and rapidly losing
mobility, so not going to be able to chase."
	"Affirmative, help is on the way.  Try and keep the PA on you,
ignore the infantry.  We'll be there in two, repeat two minutes."

	A fireball to the north indicated the possible flow of battle,
except C&C still had the location static.  Sweeping around the last
corner,
smoke was clearly visible and blocking effective line-of-sight to the
combatants.   Two bounding suits of PA immediately drew fire as they
emerged
from the smoke, and then the sudden deceleration as infantry squads
dismounted.  Smoke swirled and the balance shifted in favour of the
fresh
troops.  Small firefights between PA and infantry supported by AFVs and
the
surviving tanks quickly began to clear.  One last flurry of fire from a
trapped Hooligan missile team and then nothing moved.

	As the debris was cleared and casualties treated, it became
apparent
that both sides had suffered heavily in the engagement.  Hudak's troops
had
pulled out for the moment but the cost of taking the town had been high.
 As
soon as everything was secure, it would be time to go back on the
offensive
with the entire sector hanging in the balance.

More to come later (Officers; I need new orders heading into the
evening.
John, intel is as expected, no contact yet.  Laserlight, let me know how
you
want to handle the fallback.  Both of you know there's a recon chessgame
somewhere on the road between Q & K).

***
Confirmed casualties to date (dead or wounded):

Hudak's Hooligans:
HQ: 5 troopers
First Platoon: 19 troopers
Second Platoon: 12 troopers + GMS/L
Third Platoon: not engaged
Support Platoon: 2 x GMS/L SUV (1 destroyed, 1 damaged), 1 x Mortar SUV
Assault Platoon: 14 PA (including 1 plasma gunner)
Tank Platoon: not engaged
Logistics Platoon: not engaged

Atkinson's Arrows:
HQ: 2 troopers
Dragoons: 2 IFVs (1 destroyed, 1 damaged), 1 IFV damaged and repaired,
13
troopers
Heavy "Lance" Troop: 3 light tanks (1 destroyed, 1 mission killed, 1
damaged)
Light "Sabre" Troop: 1 AFV destroyed, 1 trooper
Mortar Section: no casualties.
Support services: not engaged.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.