Prev: Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results Next: Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results

Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@s...>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:34:02 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results

Noam Izenberg wrote:

> From: davebill <davebill@clear.net.nz>
>
>> Congratulations, Noam, on winning Class C of the painting comp!

Damn right, nice work there.

> Thanks! That effect is one of the canned flare effects from
> Photoshop. I think one of the things that makes it work is that the
> aspect ratio of the image was originally much wider, spreading out
> the lens flare effect a bit more.
>
> Indy asked me what nebula I used for the backdrop, but I can't for
> the life of me remember.

That's a detail of the classic Hubble shot of the Horsehead Nebula. Has
to be, the bright irregular line running by the background engine pod is

a dead giveaway.

--

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov/er/seh/ricetalk.htm

Prev: Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results Next: Re: [GZG] (FT) Painting Comp results