Prev: [GZG][SG]25 mm versions of 15 mm vehicles? Next: Re: [GZG] OT... on a personal note

Re: [GZG] Political Officers

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:20:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Political Officers

> Anyone come up with a good way of handling political
> officers

There is one that I used for WWII Russian units (NKVD
for that war).

Before a game the basic objective for the game is set
(hold position, advance and take position, etc)and how
long that it should take to do it.

The P.O. is controlled by the judge and the judge
will move the P.O. up to a unit that is not meeting
it's objective ( falling back if ordered to hold or
holding it's position if orded to advance for example)
and force a morale check (with bonus for P.O.). If
the unit fails the check, the commander is removed
(for WWII Russian substitute shot) but if it extremely
fails (lowest possible throw) the P.O. is removed
(shot) and unit routs or surrenders.

For the WWII Russian game NKVD unit had motor and
machine gun elements to be able to project it's
test but no P.O. bonus on morale check. On the
extreme failure I'd dice off again and have a chance
of unit tested attacking NKVD.

Scott

Prev: [GZG][SG]25 mm versions of 15 mm vehicles? Next: Re: [GZG] OT... on a personal note