Prev: Re: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition Next: RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

RE: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 05:39:25 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] Everyone's got a piece of the action

 I have always seen the future of the military pretty much staying the
same.
I'd like to say things would be shaken up or restructured substantially,
but
each branch of the service is too entrenched in tradition and tactical
doctrine to let go of what it has entirely.  I have a feeling that you'd
see
the Navy and Marines doing the bulk of the work though with Air Force
and
Army only really having a role or presence on larger, more established
colonies or being called into action during larger conflicts.  I imagine
that even something resembling the Coast Guard would still clutch to its
piece of the pie, taking on the role of system patrol and defense on
those
same, larger, established worlds, thus freeing up Naval assets for use
elsewhere.

The one thing that we see in the military now days that seems to be a
positive trend is more coordination between the various branches of
service,
something that would be even more important, I think, when you have your
resources strung out across the galaxy.

Eli