Prev: Re: [GZG] No more pizzas! Next: Re: [GZG] No more pizzas!

RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:16:48 +1000
Subject: RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

G'day,

> What is interesting is trying to imagine how you would get
> from the current state of affairs to militaristic enough
> to invade New Caledonia and stand off France in only 10
> electoral cycles. The last thing NZ wants to do is
> jeopardise its relations with the EU because where would it sell its
> agricultural products to.

Who'd have though Japan could go from feudal nation to country trying to
take over half the planet in a comparable time? (Or maybe less, my
modern Japanese history is weak I'll admit).

The current crop of leaders may not be awe inspriing but if a week is a
long time in politics 40 years is like a geological epoch.

Its fiction and there are plenty of precidents, its by far not the most
outrageous leap in the timeline (though does it actually say Oz invaded,
I couldn't find it in the glimpse of the time line I had this morning?).

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] No more pizzas! Next: Re: [GZG] No more pizzas!