Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest news - Summer Sale extension and Painting Contest! Next: Re: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

[GZG] Re: The NSL

From: "Michael R. Blair" <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:02:33 +0100 (BST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: The NSL

I imagine the NSL would be paranoid about fighting a
war on two fronts – being rabidly keen to avoid this
so having FSE on both sides of them would not be at
all welcome.

Yes, I know they are not Nazis in space but rather
something much more fun. I must admit I see them as a
weird combination of Germany and the Austro-Hungarian
empire (well, the Austrian bit anyway). Fancy uniforms
and endless nit-picking about minor aristocratic
titles.

Having read the wonderful novel 'A Sailor of Austria'
about the misadventures of an A-H U-boat commander in
the great war and oddly 'Travelling with the Dead' one
can well imagine terribly efficient North German
subordinates endlessly exasperated by their
aristocratic Southern superiors.

Anyone for a Georg Ritter von Trapp class BC?

Michael

It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this
has done what he has done.
  - Richelieu