Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest news - Summer Sale extension and Painting Contest! Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest news - Summer Sale extension and Painting Contest!

Re: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:10:59 +1200
Subject: Re: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

The timeline is in the back of the FT rule book.

Holland/ Netherlands (isn't this the same place) went independent in
2102.

Poland and Czechoslovakia leave the NSL for the ESU. Why they did this
when
they neighbour the Romanov Hegemony I don't know. they now are
surrounded by
2 hostile blocs and would be difficult for the ESU to support.

I can't see why Portugal would be in the NSL and not the FSE when it
neighbours Spain.

Some other things about this timeline are also interesting...

Why would Australia and NZ invade New Caledonia? The people enjoy being
part
of France and there is no mineral wealth worth taking.

NZ could not invade a holiday camp without an invitation, they have no
armour or airpower and no strategic lift capabilities so the infantry
would
have to land via a cruise liner as "very large tourist party of 10,000".

Mostly in war's there is a motivation for the aggression, that one I
can't
see.

John

So this would only leave Germany, Austria and Hungary, Romania, Albania,

Greece, maybe Turkey in the NSL.