Prev: Re: [GZG] Minor Power Navy Next: [GZG] Miyazaki stats

[GZG] Minor Power Navy reply

From: Glenn Wilson <warbeads@y...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GZG] Minor Power Navy reply

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:37:58 -0400
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [GZG] Minor Power Navy
To: <gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu>

> The CVL are an issue:

You're sure they're CVLs?  Mightn't they be passenger
liners, or
hospital ship, or modular freighter, or marine assault
ships?

Glenn:	Well, some people have problems with FSE CVLs
in an predominantly NAC base force but true this  IS
science * fiction * and they may just 'look similar.'
<grin>

Would a navy this size need two Marine Assault Ships
much less two CVLs?  Most minor powers with navies
today have, at most, one 'operational' (more or less)
CV (For example - Spain, Latin America countries) that
I can think of.  I keep thinking I need at least
another Escort Cruiser and a few more CH's (maybe a
pair of Vandenburg/T's and two more Vandenburgs to
form a "Line of Battle" force.)

OR the Bolognas could be Assault/Aerospace Carriers
(Aerospace plus Marine Assault in same craft)?	One
"on-line" and the other in reserve/refit/re-stock at
any one time.

I have two shuttles that I was thinking of making
Marine Assault ships but they could be Auxillaries...

Gracias,

  Glenn Wilson

Prev: Re: [GZG] Minor Power Navy Next: [GZG] Miyazaki stats