Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: RE: [GZG] Painting tips?

Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:17:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

Mr. Lerchey wrote on 07/27/2006 09:49:08 AM:

> All,
>
> Thank you for the various painting ideas.  Just to clarify
> (but not to
> offend!) I'm rejecting a few out of hand. :)

Certainly not offended...

> Airbrushing the edges to sharpen them.  Um... I don't what kind of
> airbrush you use, but my Badger with it's finest tip is
> NOT going to make
> a clean edge on a ship that's 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.

Running the airbrush along the edge of a template has this effect, but
you're right about it being a fiddly size to make this work.

> Pices of tissue.  Neat idea, but I'm worried about getting
> them back off
> once I've airbrushed over them.

Just to be clear, I'm talking tissue paper sometimes used for wrapping,
not
TP/Kleenex, and I thought keeping the friskets damp would keep the paint
from being sucked in. However, unless you're very sparing with the
airbrushed layers, could well be 'glued' to the surface. We'll wait for
crazed individual to give it a go. ;->=

> Silly Putty.	Now there's an idea!

Just remember you may have to clean some 'invisible' residue if you wish
coat afterwards. Least, places where Silly Putty touched sometimes felt
greasy to me.

> I've used micro pens on some of my tanks to do
> edging, and found
> that I'm actually better at it with a brush.

Wow, I'm impressed; prolly should ignore ANYTHING I say about painting,
if
you're that good with a brush.

> For reasons
> that I'll never figure out, I almost never come up with
> ideas that I like
> for painting my minis that are *easy*. :)

Better than the ideas that I get, and that clean scare me off from
trying
them at all.

Good luck!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting tips? Next: RE: [GZG] Painting tips?