Prev: Re: [GZG] Historicon Next: Re: [GZG] Painting tips?

[GZG] Painting tips?

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [GZG] Painting tips?

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier, I'm working on my
first-honest-to-God-painted fleet. :)  Brigade AmRep ships.  I pulled
out
the airbrush the other night and base-coated 32 ships. :)

I've decided that i want to a splinter camo pattern on them.  Bascially,

large blocks of color - only two for this fleet.  The blocks will need
have clean, straight edges.  Cleaner than I want to try for with a
brush.

So, I got me an idea.  I bought some Pactra 1/2 inch modelers masking
tape, and cut out irregular blocks to stick all over the ships.  Once
on,
I figured I'd get out the second color, air brush them, and then all I'd

ahve to do is highlight and wash, then pick out any details, decal, and
I'm ready to go.

The masking tape won't stick.  It's low tac so that you can use it on
models and a) get it off and b) not lift off paint.  But it won't stick.

The models have too many small details (all of those squarish bumps),
and
the tape won't cleanly stick over them, nor around corners (and I did
use
a plastic burnishing tool to burnish it down!).

So that's not going to work.

Anyone have any ideas, or am I pretty much gonna have to pull out my
brushes?

Thanks,

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Historicon Next: Re: [GZG] Painting tips?