Prev: RE: [GZG] Query: Cinematic vs. vector in FT Next: [GZG] Historicon

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... and maybe even on topic

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:16:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... and maybe even on topic

VinsFullThrust wrote:

>> >Now, with that background, I was poking through FB2 last night and
started
>> >wondering about k-guns.  If they were mounted on human-style hulls,
would
>> >there be any potential balance problems?
>>
>>None whatsoever.
>
>Try this out, I mounted a pair of K guns on a Maria Von Burgund hull..
>Added SM racks, increase the mass a little bit, renamed it as the
Tirpitz
>class NSL battleship

OK, my bad. I should have qualified the above statement to "None that
are
related to the K-guns being K-guns" :-/

In Vector such a design would run into the same balance problems as
you'd
get with any other long-ranged single-arc weapons (P-torps, Class-3+
beam
batteries etc.), but those problems have nothing to do with the K-guns
being "alien tech".

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [GZG] Query: Cinematic vs. vector in FT Next: [GZG] Historicon