Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Ping Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Ping

[GZG] And now for something completely different... and maybe even on topic

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:13:38 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [GZG] And now for something completely different... and maybe even on topic

Ok, so I will NOT contribute to the sheep-fest.

I will, however, ask an FT game balance question.  I have a home-brew
fleet that I've been working on using the brigade models AmRep ships.
The
ships, for those who are not familiar with them, tend to have large,
clearly forward firing guns.

My current designs use weak hulls, no armor, shields, and combinations
of
beam weapon and p-torps (depending on specific ship, of course), and
almost evertthing in the fleet is fairly quick with thrust of 6 or so.

Now, with that background, I was poking through FB2 last night and
started
wondering about k-guns.  If they were mounted on human-style hulls,
would
there be any potential balance problems?  I think that they might be
more
fun for the big-ass cannons, and the "only one arc" piece works nicely.
wouldn't be using other stuff like scatter guns and advanced
drives...just
the k-guns.

I'd apprecaite it if anyone with strong opinions (like I'd find that
here!) would let me know if this sounds OK or cheesey...

:)

Thanks,

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Ping Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Ping