Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG New releases: DF 6mm and Germy's 2mm!

[GZG] [ADMIN] Computers are a pain

From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@w...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:50:16 -0600
Subject: [GZG] [ADMIN] Computers are a pain

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: seidl
Subject: [ADMIN] Computers are a pain
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:50:16 -0600
From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@ghost>

As I'm 100% sure everyone's noticed, the list machine hasn't been
happy for a little while now.  Its suffering from a long series of
random events (2 separate filled disks, a break in, a Failed AC unit,
and maybe something else we're still working on debugging).  So, mail
is flowing when the machine can be left up, but there are likely to be
disruptions through at least this weekend.  By then, the main system
admin will have a chance to really take it down and figure out what
needs to be replaced.

On a second note, if anyone has some older computer hardware lying
about they'd be willing to donate, I can probably get it declared a
tax deduction, as the mailing list machine is run by a student group.
Anything more recent than a single processor P3/733 might be useful.
Extra points if its in the bay area or you're willing to ship it
there.

- -=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
- -=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl			   -Morrow
Quotes	   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] cool ship minis Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG New releases: DF 6mm and Germy's 2mm!