Prev: [GZG] Full Thrust 2 questions Next: Re: [GZG] Ping

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 2 questions

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:11:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust 2 questions

I'll answer what little I can...

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Adam Flynn wrote:

> Just getting into Full Thrust and curious about a couple of issues:
>
> 2) Can PDF fire be used to reduce the damage from a submunition pack?
After
> all, these are described as rockets or missiles.

No.  SMB packs are treated as direct fire "instantaneous" weapons.  PDF
have no effect.

> 3) If a ship with an velocity of 7 is making a 1 point turn to
starboard, do
> you round up or down when determining the half-way point of their
movement
> to make the turn?  Essentially, does the turn occur at 3 or 4 inches
along
> their current course?  Or does it occur at 3.5 inches?

I've always made the turn at the 3.5mu mark.  If your group wants to
round
up or down, that is of course OK, but it should be consistant. :)