Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

> Know of any good alternatives? Squirrel is good enough to allow me to
> read my home email when I'm not at home, but I really would like
something
> better.

I would like something better too, but in the end squirrel does what I
ask
of it, which is allow me to read and write email from anywhere. If
something has "threading" that would be nice to, but to me not very
important since I move everything out of my inbox once read and can
search
for what I'm looking for with a function. If I want grouping threads
I'll
use the forums I'm on ;-)

> This attitude seems to be common amongst the old school of people who
> remember even what NNTP is (yeah, I still read Usenet). I've seen
lists
> get a forum alternative before, and generally the result is that the
> list dies (no idea what happened to the forums, since I never read
> them...).

I gave up on Usenet when forums became user friendly ;-)

Jaime

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums