Prev: Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign Next: RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?

Re: [GZG] Forums and lists, oh My!

From: Infojunky <infojunky@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:01:11 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Forums and lists, oh My!

On Jul 11, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> I've used forums that do "thread" replies to the message they're
> directly
> responding to and they end up being completely unwieldly. YOu have
> times and
> you have to sort through them to find the recent ones you haven't read
> yet.

Both that and the chronological list are both arguments against
forums, though a chronological forum in conjunction with a mailist is
useful as an archive for me.

> I find it cumbersome and chaotic. I promotes people sliding off topic
> and creating whole new topic threads within the same thread instead of
> starting a whole new one. I've seen those interfaces and they never
> promote posting on the boards.

Well, that is one of the fun aspects of a mailist that i kinda enjoy,
though it is polite to change the subject line when one starts to go
afield. But admittedly I am a chaos/big-picture sorta person, and
that suits my work-style.

>> The last point is that this is all in support of Jon's company and
>> games and if a single member takes a position that alienates a chunk
>> of his customer base in his name, then then both Jon's ability to
>> make sales is hurt as well as making the community that actively
>> supports those game that much poorer.
>
> Jon has just covered that.

Yes, yes he did.....

Evyn
infojunky@ceecom.net

A map is a surrogate of space.
					-Robinson, A.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign Next: RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?