Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there??? Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

From: Infojunky <infojunky@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:02:08 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???

On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

Snipping a bunch of flame bait:

>> So, why _aren't_ you supporting NNTP or SMTP access?
>
> Becuase the project isn't to the stage yet. Functionality is a longer
> process to integrate and you have to have the interface framework
> sometimes done first to do some of the other stuff. I went to get the
> framework done so that I could actually spend the time on the
> funtionality
> of the backend without wasing my time.

This is ok, you are in the middle of a work in progress, as such
there is no reason to demand a switch in our operating procedures as
group until you have something ready for general release. As such
remember that their is a strong request that SMTP or NNTP be
supported by any such forum in the long run.

>>> I'm acutally really surprised how hard
>>> core some people are seeming with their email. It's the complete
>>> opposet
>>> I'm used to seeing.
>>
>> Well, that's the point, isn't it? Email allows diversity. Web fora
>> don't.
>
> I don't know what you're basing that on or your criteria, cause I
> view it
> the opposet way. I find email so much more limiting then a forum,
> which is
> why I flop between completely ignoring the list when not actively
> playing
> GZG games and reading it all. It's just way to clunky for me.

Jaime, it is the difference in the way people work. Just because you
can't someone else's process doesn't mean it's not valid nor
reasonable to dismiss.

Evyn
infojunky@ceecom.net

A map is a surrogate of space.
					-Robinson, A.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there??? Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there???